Wednesday, September 26, 2012

092512

I know it's been awhile since I have posted anything.  I've been busy!  But I'll do a quick recap of all the interesting bits, and then I'll be better at keeping consistence.  

Today's soundtrack:  Stay by Lisa Loeb.  I just watched Reality Bites (which I LOVE) and it's in my head at the moment.  I might also post a song at the end that was in my head all this afternoon.




Anyway, recap time!

Saturday Dad was still in town, Kourt and I woke up around 10, he had already walked to Whole Foods and bought breakfast!  We slowly ate and got ready and headed out.  We went to Home Depot and got painting supplies, and Shaw's for groceries.  The paint that Sara and I had picked out was $60, so we tried to closely match it to a cheaper brand.  The closest we got was Pumpkin Cream by Behr.  We got home and started!  Taped the floors, and did primer first (since the red was such a deep dark color- oh by the way, this was for the hallway part only).  The three of us did a pretty good job!  Sara got back around 3ish, and she helped when we started painting the actual color.  We did as much as we could before having to head out for dinner, Dad did the high parts and most of the rolling, we girls did the trim.  The only part that was left when we finished for the day was the high trim to the ceiling (which I just finished tonight!).  Then we headed to dinner.  We walked around a bit, Dad got to see the Public Garden and some shops.  Also, we pointed out where the new Pret was going to be (I know, I'm obsessed).  

Dinner was REALLY REALLY good.  Pics below, I'll explain each dish!


Oops dessert first- Creme Brulee.  Good, creamy, but not as good as Dad's!


Sara's pan seared Scallops and Sweet Potatoes.  


Kourtney's Sesame Seared Tune with Rice Cake and Veggies. 


My Filet Mignon and Scallops.  AWESOME.  I had steak leftovers.


Dad got pan seared Halibut with Corn Pudding and Mashed Potatoes.  The Corn Pudding was ok, super creamy but not enough corn!


Junior's Cheesecake with Bananas Foster on top.  This was delicious.  The cheesecake was creamy and amazing, and the Bananas and sauce were a good complement.

We go home after dinner and Dad goes to sleep in my room.  Sara and Kourtney and I stay up for a bit and watch some random Netflix.  Then we go to sleep, me sharing Sara's bed and Kourt on the couch.  Of course, this is the night that everyone on our street is having a party, and it's super loud outside.  A group of like 7 people are outside the building, right on the stoop part practically yelling.  Well guess who's bed is RIGHT ABOVE the front door of the building?  Mine.  So dad got pissed and left.  At 1 am.  To go to the airport.  Btw, his flight leaves at 7:45 am.  

We wake up Sunday and Dad is gone, Kourt tells the whole story (he woke her up when he left so she could sleep on my bed).  I am instantly ridden with guilt since it is my room and my apartment that got him upset so he had to leave.  I feel bad all day.  Sunday we don't do much, we hang out and then go out to The South End for an open market.  We browse but don't buy anything- too expensive!

Sunday night we stay in and drink.  We play a drinking game to Dazed and Confused.

Monday we went to Cambridge- checked out Harvard for all of 2 seconds and then a store called The Garment District (It's not a District... It's a store!- all the posters we see for this place).  Again, we look but don't buy anything.  We eat at a place called Clover Food Lab which is healthy pitas and it's really neat.  The food was good (I know I need a better adjective, 'good' is being overused) and it wasn't too expensive.  I got a Soy BLT and an iced tea.  Kourt got a Cheese and Tomato pita, and Sara got an Egg and Eggplant Plate.  

We ate dinner at a place here called The Avenue, which has $1 burgers on Mondays.  We each got a burger, and stayed for 2 beers.  Then we went back to the apt and tried to watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  I say tried to watch, because it turns out my disc is CRACKED and doesn't play the end!  Sucks, I'm actually not too happy at all about that. 

Monday they also resumed working on our kitchen again (more pics to come, I forgot to upload those).  We finally have cabinets! Today they put our fridge back in, and the countertops on.  Tomorrow hopefully there will be a stove, and we can move back in! I hate having all the stuff in the living room.

So we get to today.  We went to breakfast at a local diner, only a few blocks away, The Brighton Cafe.  Nothing special, I got a breakfast sandwich.  We might go again for a quick bite, but I don't know if I would make it a regular place.

We decide to have a low key day, since it's Kourt's last and all.  We put together the last IKEA dresser while watching the new episodes of Revolution and Bones.  Then we head out to do something before Kourt has to go to the airport.  We take the T to Fanuil Hall so she can get Eric a souvenir.  It sucks, she has to carry the little green suitcase around the whole time.  From there she takes the blue line to the airport and the shuttle all by herself.  

Sara and I go downtown a bit more,  have 2 free passes for a screening of The Perks of Being A Wallflower at 7.  We go to Newbury street, walk until we find a Starbucks, and caffeine ourselves up a bit.  We walk all the way up to Boston Garden, through Boston Common, and look at DSW and the shops over near there to kill some time.  I found a pair of shoes I might buy, I desperately need a pair of walking shoes.  I can't keep wearing my flip flops, my feet have worn those suckers OUT.  And soon it will start to get too cold.

Blah, I'm tired of writing right now, and this is all boring.  Will chat more tomorrow, to summarize the rest of today- we went to the movie, it was GREAT, then we came home and watched Reality Bites.  My love for Ethan Hawke has no bounds, I kind of want to stay up and watch Before Sunrise now.  

Here's the other song:  Asleep by The Smiths.  It's featured in Perks, and is a great song in general:

No comments:

Post a Comment