Wednesday, September 12, 2012

091212(2)




Today's soundtrack:  Ho Hey by The Lumineers.

I've already said a bit about today, and what our plans were.  Almost as soon as I finished writing that, Jessi came and picked us up to take us to lunch and Target.  

She brought her daughter Mia today, and she is adorable!  I think Jessi said that she is 14 months, and she has the little chubby baby hands that are cute.  So Jessi took us out to Newton, which is about 10 minutes away.  We ate at a cute diner called Cabot Diner- it reminded me of Fenton's in Oakland.  There was a lot of ice cream and basic diner food.  I got a tuna melt (my go to at diners) and Sara got a breakfast wrap- not to be confused with a breakfast burrito, though they look very similar.  Jessi got the chicken salad sandwich, and Mia got a pancake that she barely ate.  She was more into stealing Jessi's fries and "dipping" them in the chicken salad.  It was funny.  She smiled and laughed a lot, and kept throwing things on the floor.  She also likes to say the word 'No' as if she is singing a song.

Since there was ice cream abound and I am a fat kid, I of course got a sundae.  Pumpkin and cake batter ice cream, with hot fudge and whipped cream.  So good (picture below).  

We bought Jessi's lunch to say thank you for driving us around everywhere, and then we were off to Target!  We finally got a microwave, more shelf liner so we can put things down in the drawers and cabinets without being scared of nasty things, some more wet jet fluid, and laundry detergent.  I also picked up some randoms that I needed (I swear I packed my bobby pins, but I guess not!).  Side note- my door just opened a little bit on its own and it scared the crap out of me.  I thought I had it closed all the way (btw, not all the doors close all the way here- at least the front door does though!).

After Target Jessi drove us home and we unpacked.  We spent a bit more time hanging out, Mia decided she didn't like the way we organized our TV stand, so she took all the books off of it.  Then she put them back.  Then she took them off again.  The cycle kept going until she started walking like a drunky and Jessi said it was time to go.  She sang the 'no' song and they left.  It was a fun afternoon.    

Of course, as soon as they left I hopped on my computer.  To my horror, the internet wasn't working. I spent the next 20 minutes unplugging and plugging back in all the machinery.  The 20 minutes after that I spent on the phone with RCN (our internet company).  After a bunch of troubleshooting, they said that there was no connection showing on their end, and that someone needs to go look at it.  Their next appointment was for the 18th.  Ugh.  Sara was napping at this time, and without the internet to play on I decided to catch up on some stuff I had downloaded earlier (Thanks Eric!).  

I just now realized that I didn't eat dinner tonight.  When Sara woke up, we hung out and started watching Hulu.  We watched a bunch of shows and did our nails, then watched more TV and now went to sleep.  I had a beer and some sunflower seed (also with a mix of some sweet tart candies) and that's about it since lunchtime.  I really have to work on my eating habits.  Anyway, now we are caught up.  

It's probably odd that I recount my days like this.  Until I do something interesting though, this is what  have to write.   Oh, the guy at TripAdvisor wrote me back!  That's already a good sign :)

Tomorrow I think we are heading out to Cambridge for the day.  We are also going to try running again (we'll see how far I can go, haha).  Also, Kourtney gets into town!  I am going to meet her at the airport, then we will take a cab back to the apt.  Should be a good day!  Hopefully I will have some good pictures. 


Did you know that Larry the Cable Guy makes cheeseburger dinner?  Neither did I!  This was found at the dollar tree, so I guess it makes sense.  


My Sundae!  It was delicious, and probably the reason I wasn't hungry for dinner today!

No comments:

Post a Comment