Thursday, September 20, 2012

092012



Today's Soundtrack:  DWNTWN- See My Eyes

SO you may have noticed that I haven't updated in a few days.  Basically, I am lazy.  Tuesday we didn't really do anything, we had to wait for the internet guy to come, and so we barely left the huse.  We did end up going out for dinner at Charlie's (which is literally down the street and the closest place to eat) but that wasn't until about 9 pm.  We watched TV and hung out all day, with the construction guys being here from 7-3:30.  The cable guy's window was 2-5 and ended showing up at 3.  We had good intentions to leave, we just didn't.

Yesterday we started out slow, woke up late and hung out around the house in the morning/early afternoon.  We got dressed and headed back to Back Bay, to try and get a library card and go to the Prudential Center.  I couldn't get a library card because I don't have a valid Boston ID.  Lame.  Prudential Center was neat- just a really big fancy mall.  We walked around a bunch, and our calves were killing us (from Bunker Hill on Monday- in fact they're still sore now!).  We ate at Snappy Sushi, which was ok (nothing special, one of the rolls we got tasted like salad- it was weird).

Then we headed to the Museum of Fine Art.  It's free on Wednesdays from 4-9:45 so we thought it would be neat to see.  We got there about 4:30, and explored the different exhibits until about 7:30.  From there we took the train back to Copley Street Station, then walked to Trader Joes to pick up some dinner.  We took Hynes back to Allston St and then turned on Dawson's Creek.  We heated the frozen enchiladas we picked up for dinner int he microwave and finished season 3!

It's really hard to eat without a stove, or sink (to do dishes!).  I feel like I am spending more money because I can't eat anything here except sandwiches and cereal.  And I hate doing dishes in the bathroom sink, it's weird.

Yesterday the construction guys put the floor in.  It's a crappy job.

Today they didn't come at all.  So we now have walls and a floor, but nothing else.  I think I heard them say that they are going to paint tomorrow.  They didn't ask what color to paint, and I hope to GOD that they don't pick the same nasty green.  I can tell you right now that if they paint it all, I am not going to want to paint it again- unless it's white.  I will keep it baby poo green.

As far as today goes, we haven't done anything.  We cleaned a bit (since Dad gets in tomorrow morning and he's gonna want to see it not a mess) and watched some TV shows (No Dawson's yet though).  We watched Last Resort, and it actually was really good!  I enjoyed it a lot, and I can't wait to watch it this season.  I caught up on Parenthood and Dr. Who, and Kourtney is taking a nap. Tonight is free admission to the Museum of Contemporary art, from 5-9 so we will be going to that soon.  I think I'll probably grab a quick bite to eat beforehand.  We should have some cheese and crackers somewhere around here.

Tomorrow Dad will be here early in the AM so we will get a good head start, and I think we are going to Ikea!  I have to get directions for him.  I am really excited to finally get furniture for my room, I don't like still rooting around for my clothes in 2 different suitcases.



No comments:

Post a Comment