Sunday, September 16, 2012

091612


Not much to say today- we slept in, it was nice.  We took our time getting ready, then headed out to Fenway.  Kourt got her ticket for the Red Sox game on Friday, we used up the last of my Bed Bath & Beyond giftcard (on a Pyrex measuring glass) and checked out Iphone covers at Best Buy.  We stopped at Blick's and I got some supplies for a new art project,  then we headed home.

The T is a mess sometimes, there are a lot of people on it.  Ihate being shoved around, but I guess I better get used to it!  We stopped at the apartment after Fenway and rested our feet for a bit.  Then we got back on the pavement and went to Whole Foods.  We picked up some items for dinner and other snack, and got a reusable tote for next time.

Then we watched a bunch of Dawson's Creek episodes on Netflix.  In between episodes we cleaned out the kitchen (for the workers tomorrow), we made dinner (Soyaki chicken with rice and green beans) and we planned out tomorrow.

Also, our next door neighbors (in #6) knocked on our door and wanted to let us know that the ceiling in their bathroom collapsed, and we should be careful.  So I thanked them and immediately checked our bathroom (seems ok).  Now I am afraid that our apartment is completely falling apart!  Thank God we are getting a new kitchen.  I just hope that they really gut the place and start over- and not just put new cabinets in on top of the rotten wood and floors.  What would we do in that situation?  If they give us a new kitchen but then its a shoddy mess and we have to deal with it?  That scares me.  I hope it's done well.  We can maybe get Mike Holmes to check it out if not!! Ha ha.

Tomorrow we are going to walk the Freedom Trail.  I think it's like 3 miles long, so I don't know what else we will be doing (besides getting up at 7:15!).  I will try and take a lot of pictures, since it will probably be a bunch of historic sites and therefore camera worthy.

We also will be looking for jobs and start applying for them.  I say we, because Kourtney needs to start applying for jobs as well!  So it will be a team effort.


1 comment: