Sunday, September 9, 2012

090912

2 day update!
Saturday we woke up to the maintenance man knocking on our door. Yay. He wanted to fix one of the shades in Sara's bedroom. Don't they have to give some notice before they show up? Anyway, I guess I'm glad it was fixed, but it woke me up! At 9! The floor was not comfortable to sleep on, even with my camo blanket and comforter for cushion. It was really really hot as well.

So we got ready and waited for our beds to arrive. They came at 12, so we got everything sorted as to which room would be whose and set our to town. We walked down commonwealth, to CVS for a swifter and some small items, made a pit stop at Mickey D's for a sweet tea, then went searching for a couch. We walked up Harvard where there we a lot of secondhand furniture places. One store had a chair that I loved, but. Of hint else. We wanted to get more than one thing at one store so that the delivery charge wouldn't be paid twice. We walked over to another place, where we found a love seat and chair and mirror. So $360 later we had some furniture (it's to be delivered Monday). We went back to the apartment, and tried to use the swiffer. What no one tells you is that the wetjet needs batteries!! No warning on the box or anything. So we had to venture out to a close convenience store and pick some up. Then we could get started. We each did our rooms twice (they were disgusting) and the kitchen. Luckily we had the foresight to buy extra pads, because we have already used 4!

We also put the table and stools we bought together, so we would have somewhere to sit. It looks really good, and I'm excited to have a
Place to eat that's not the floor!

So we decided to go out and explore nightlife last night. We went to Harry's which is a bar and grill really close to the apartment. We ate dinner and had some drinks. Sara made friends with two guys at the bar, and we ended up going with them to a house party nearby. At the party we met a few more people, a lot of hockey fans so I got to chat for a bit about the sharks and my love for them. I was drunk (I'm a lightweight!) and had a lot of fun. I met a guy who works at tripadvisor, he gave me his card and I'm gonna email him tomorrow (hopefully he remembers me). I also met a nice guy who I talked to for longer than anyone else. We exchanged numbers so we'll see what happens, but even if not, I had a great night. We walked home and crashed (hence the lack of update).

Today we woke up in our beds! Not as comfy as the one in the showroom, but I guess it just needs to be broken in. Sara's friend Jessi came by and we went to Ikea! It was super busy. I have NEVER seen an Ikea so busy. Sara got a dresser, we got a tv stand and a bunch of small things. I got some tea lights and power strips. We got pots/pans but they didn't have Amy baking sheets!! We still need a microwave and a coffee table, and I need a bunch of stuff for my room. I'm gonna wait until dad comes to get that stuff though. Ikea was so busy, it basically took all day.

We got back, and promptly took naps. When we woke up we walked down to TJ max looking for some small decorative thing but didn't see anything we liked. We walked the long way home and collected take out/delivery menus. We grabbed some pizza at Sabatinos which is a nearby pizza place.

After dinner we tried to put together the Ikea stuff. We didn't get very far, because it needs a hammer, and we don't have one. Aunt Cathy is sending one to Sara, should be here tomorrow so we put everything aside and will finish when we receive it in the mail.

We swiffered the living room, and are now hanging out in the kitchen, drinking champagne and browsing the internet. I'm on my phone which kind of sucks, but my stuff comes in tomorrow!!

Tomorrow will be good. Going to call Leavitt's friend Jack, emails the guy at tripadvisor, get our sofa/chair, get my tv and computer and boxes (all except one for some reason- per UPS app it's still in San pablo! I have to call tomorrow about it). I'll feel more like I live here once I get my tv and computer! I'll also be able to do proper updates, with soundtrack and all.

So no witty updates today since it's a catch up. And there might be a lot of errors since I'm on my phone, but I'll get better at this I swear!!

Adios :)
Sara enjoying her Sweet Tea.  It's only $1!


Our new kitchen table, complete with stools.  Yay Target clearance!


Camping in Boston!


My sad looking bed.  Don't worry there is more stuff in here now.  But it is about as comfortable as it looks :/


I don't know why I put this picture on here.  We bought a WetJet.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment