Friday, September 14, 2012

091412



Today's Soundtrack- Florence + The Machine:  Cosmic Love

We woke up late today, probably because I didn't go to bed until 2 am last night.  I was a slug, and stayed in bed until almost 11.  We lounged around for a bit, got ready and before we headed out, Sara pointed out that we had two new roommates- there were cockroaches in the kitchen!  Yay.  Oh, so it's hours later- and they are still there.  We don't want to touch them, they are still moving.  We were waiting for them to die so we could sweep them up and throw them away.  I guess we will have to change our strategy, since they are still alive and its been hours.

We took the T to Back Bay and the shops on Newbury St.  We walked by all the expensive stores and only looked into a few places.  We ate lunch at Uno's and then walked around the Boston Gardens.  It was really pretty, a perfect place for a picnic.  We also passed a farmer's market, so that looks like something I am going to want to do:  grab some food at the farmers market and have a picnic at the gardens by the water.  Also, we noticed that they are going to be putting in a Pret!!!!!!! I am so excited by this development, Pret is one of my favorite places from Europe.  I will go all the way to Back Bay to get some sandwiches there.  I took a picture of the sign I was so excited.

We shopped a bit, but didn't buy anything, except a cupcake.  Apparently DC Cupcakes on TLC has a place here, called Georgetown Cupcakes, so we went in.  Of course I had to have one cince I have a major sweet tooth and can't say no to anything.  I didn't get a Red Velvet though!  I got the Chocolate and PB Chip- and it was delicious.  It was also very rich so I got a stomach ache a few minutes later.  We had to stop at CVS and get some Tums :/  I found a cheap coat at H & M that I will have to go back and get one day- it's a soft beige color, only $40.  They just didn't have my size.  It's not a heavy winter coat (I still need one of those) but it's not black, and it's not a tank top, lol.

We took the T to Coolidge Corner and walked around a bit more.  We wanted to try J.P. Licks, the ice cream place that is out here.  I didn't get any because I wasn't feeling well, but I had some of Kourtney's mint chip and it was really good.  Super creamy.  Stopped at Trader Joes for dinner supplies and walked back to the apartment.

Now it's rest time, and time to figure out how to get rid of the cockroaches.  I wish I wasn't so queasy around them, but when the wiggle their little legs is disgusting and I have to run away.

We are going to make dinner (rice and orange chicken) and then head out for some nightlife.  We won't stay out too late, Sara has to go to the airport super early tomorrow for Georgia.  And then it's just me and Kourtney for a week!

Farmer's Market


Grilled Cheese Food Truck!  We didn't eat here but we wanted to!


Kourtney at Uno's.  


Boston Public Library!

Pret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really want to work here, but I do want to eat here!

Boston Gardens, very relaxing

A squirrel friend- they get really close to you 

 More Pond pictures

A duck!








My cupcake!  It was really good and fluffy and awesome

Inside J.P. Licks, lots of ice cream flavors and other options




1 comment: