Wednesday, September 12, 2012

091212



Today's soundtrack:  Madness by Muse

So I didn't update last night (oops!).  Here's a quick morning recap of yesterday:

Woke up to someone honking their horn at an unnatural pace for a very long time.  I was super annoyed.  We then bummed around, I emailed Jack and the TripAdvisor guy from the party over the weekend (no response, so there goes that, but I will still apply for a job there through the website).  I also applied for a job with the Boston Bruins.  I had to write a new cover letter for that so it took awhile, but I have high hopes!  I feel like I would be good at most things, since I am relatively smart and am able to pick things up really quickly.  The hard part is getting someone to notice me, and then convince them!

After I finished up that stuff, we walked down to a HomeGoods store about a mile away.  There was a  Dollar Tree right next door so we stopped in and got a few cheapy things (candy! and a popcorn bowl!).  We walked back, and then took the T to Fenway/Kenmore.  I have a Bed Bath and Beyond giftcard from Auntie J for my birthday that I wanted to burn, and thats the closest place.  I got a laundry bag and a drying rack for the kitchen.  I still have $3.77 left on my card, I guess Massachusetts doesn't do the whole 'cash back if less than $5 on a giftcard" which kind of sucks.  I will have to go back and find something cheap to finish that off.

We stopped into Best Buy and bought a Sonic video game for $20 (I had $5 off from putting the couch on my credit card).  We also looked into West Elm, Blick's Art Supplies, and stopped off at Starbucks for a treat.  We walked right by Fenway, it's really neat looking, I can't wait to go to a game!

When we finally got back, we decided to go for a run (well, in my case, a walk).  We explored new areas near the apartment and found a lake with a path around it that was really pretty.  Sara took some pictures (I would have but I didn't have my phone).  I ran a bit, but I am really out of shape, and I had to stop a lot.  I really need to get good running shoes and do it more often.  We stopped at a hardware store nearby and looked at paint samples, and then Whole Foods on the way back to look at food.

Although I was exhausted, I set up my computer to connect to my PS3, so we can watch anything I have on here on the TV.  With that, plus Hulu Plus and Netflix, we will be set!  No cable needed :)

Sara made pasta for dinner, whole wheat Penne, with a mushroom onion alfredo sauce that she added cayenne to.  We had salad to start and then enjoyed our dinner.  I did the dishes, then we sat on the couch and watched the last few episodes of The Inbetweeners on Hulu.

Ok, so it wasn't really a quick recap.  I tend to overwrite and get carried away.  It's a lot easier now that I have my computer, it was really hard to keep track of and format right on my phone.  No pictures for yesterday, but maybe I will make up for it and take extra today.  Plans for today are: lunch with Jessi, and then she's gonna take us to Target for a quick trip to get things we forgot the other two times we were there.  Other than that, I don't know what we are up to!

2 comments:

  1. I heart the inbetweeners! Is it on Hulu? I haven't seen it since I left London.

    Did you really go to Whole Foods to just look at food?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So So Sorry it took so long to respond to this Lauren! Inbetweeners is on Hulu and Netflix, but only seasons 1 & 2, I can't find 3 anywhere.

    ReplyDelete