Monday, September 17, 2012

091712

I uploaded the pictures last night, but didn't write anything, so here we go- with mini descriptions!  After Freedom TRail we did a bit of shopping, and then went home and watched Dawson's creek and read until 2 am.  This whole kitchen remodel thing is throwing me off, I dont like not being able to cook food, and having my kitchen IN my living room.  Also, I dont like so many different strangers walking in and out of my house.  I swear, like 30 people have come in today, and they keep arguing. Very strange, and I hope it still gets done.  I can't stay like this for very long, hiding in my room!

_____

Today we did the Freedom Trail- 2.5 miles of historical sites.  It was a lot of fun, but now my legs are really sore.  I'm just gonna go through picture by picture and take you on a mini tour- without the pain!  These didn't really upload in order, and I'm too lazy to sort them, but I'll still let you know what they are:

(for more on the freedom trail, see here)


Paul Revere's Gravesite!

Bunker Hill Memorial- very high, 294 steps!

Paul Revere's House and a random white van!

This is a sign for the State House


Quincy Market, by Fanuil Hall


This IS the State House

Kourtney at the top of the Bunker Hill Memorial


The church where Paul Revere Hung the two lanterns to warn that "The British Are Coming" Called The Old North Church


View from Top of Bunker Hill

View from Charlestown Bridge

Kourtney making her way up the 294 steps of the Bunker Hill Memorial


Oldest Restaurant or Oldest Building in Boston.  One or the other, I forget.  This wasn't on the trail, we just happened to walk right past it and I remember reading something about how it is old.


Cheers!

Statue of Sam Adams

Statue of Paul Revere

Park Street Church


The symbol on the ground we were following throughout the city.


Statue of Ben Franklin, to commemorate the First Public School.  Right behind him is Ruths Chris steakhouse.  

Old North Church again, this is just a better view.


My Lobster Macaroni and Cheese Pie.  It was good. Not part of the Freedom Trail, this came after.

1 comment: