Tuesday, October 2, 2012

100212

Today's soundtrack:  We Never Change by Coldplay



And yet again, it's been a few days since I have posted.  Maybe every day is too ambitious.  I think it's more that I have been distracted with things to do and places to go.  Now with no visitors, I will be more focused.  On the flipside though, I won't have as much to update with.  My days will consist of sitting at my computer, writing cover letters and listening to my Britpop playlist!

So yesterday was Sara's 25th birthday.  Yay Sara!  But first I need to recap Sunday's activities.

We started the day by waking up, Sara and Megan had Bloody Marys, and hanging out.  We decided to go get Clam Chowder and Lobster Rolls at a place that Megan looked up online that was supposedly the 'best.'  We ended up back at Quincy Market!  At the same place Kourtney and I went a week earlier.  Instead of the lobster mac n cheese, this time I got the Clam Chowder in a bread bowl.  It was good, nice and creamy.  Probably not the best I have ever had, but better than the kind from Disneyland.  

While eating we made friends with a guy named Tyler, who was in the middle of a massive road trip by himself and staying at the local hostel.  We wanted to explore the North End, and he tagged along.  We stopped at Starbucks, and headed out into the cold.  The North End is basically Little Italy.  Italian restaurants, bakeries, and stores line the cobblestone streets.  It's very quaint.  I liked it a lot.  From there we walked to Fenway Park.  Yes, I am serious.  Fenway Park, 3 miles from where we were.  Megan wanted to see it, and so did Tyler.  So we hoofed it across town.  

Fenway was cool, closed down so we could only walk around the outside.  I have seen it already a couple of times, so I didn't take any new pictures.  We tried to go into a convenience store that really was a hidden men's clothing store, but it was closed.  We grabbed some Champagne for Sara's bday on Monday and left Tyler to walk all the way back to the hostel by himself (we hopped onto the closest T stop to go home).  It was an interesting day, Tyler was a fun addition.

Sunday night we used LevelUp and ate a close BBQ place, called SoulFire BBQ.  It was pretty good! We all got the pulled pork.  Using LevelUp we got $3.00 off, and since they accidentally charged me twice and Sara not at all, Sara got a free dinner!  (Don't worry, I filed a grievance and they refunded the second charge- so I only paid for one).

Yesterday, being Sara's bday, we all woke up and had mimosas.  They were great!  We went to breakfast at a nearby cafe, and then out to the hidden clothing store (this time it would be open, so we could actually see the sliding door and stuff).  It was really cool- though we looked a bit out of place. 

We also went to Sephora so Sara could get her free birthday gift.  We walked around for a bit more and then headed home.  For dinner, we went out to a nearby Thai place- it's Take Out Delivery only- but we didn't know that.  So we went to the location, where there was a table, and where we asked to be served.  It was really weird.  We got our food, ate it, packed up leftovers, and then went down the street to a hookah bar.  We had two different deals to be used, so we got free tea, and $15 off.  It was really neat.  We got the Cuban Mojito flavor, and although I don't like mojitos, I enjoyed it.  They played Empire Records and the Hangover while we were there, and we looked at pictures of adoptable kittens.  It's gotten into our heads that we really really want one.  But it's not a good idea at this time, so we aren't going to get one.  But now the seed has been planted, and we saw some really cute ones!

We watched some TV when we got back, and then Sara's birthday was over.  Today I stayed at home, applied for 1 job (but a big one, I'll write more in a bit) and cleaned the house.  Megan went home today, and Sara had a job interview at 2. 

So the job I applied for is for an Account Coordinator at a high tech PR firm in Newton.  It's 2 miles away from the house, but there's a bus that goes most of the way there.  Or I can walk and get a workout!  I tried something different when it came to my cover letter, and I got an email back!  Now I have to answer a few questions and we will see what happens.  I hope this works out, I will be ecstatic.  But if not, I will find something else.  Not finding a PR job wouldn't be awful, but it would suck.  I don't really want to keep doing odd jobs that don't add up to anything.  I want to start on a path, and I want to be successful.  I know I can do it, I just need a chance.  Maybe this is it!

Tomorrow plans are to go down to Coolidge Corner and hit Trader Joe's.  We need food, and I could use some sunflower seeds.  Also I'm gonna practice my French and do laundry.

Yay October!




Sara at her birthday dinner eating Pad Thai


This is a men's clothing store.  No, really.  You walk in to what looks like a convenience store, step on a special star on the floor, and a soda machine slides over and you enter a men's clothing store, with urban hip hop and shoes all around.  It's so trippy.


A church.  Edit- a MASSIVE church.  But it's pretty, so it deserves a picture.


Buddy got a haircut!!  Missy sent me this, and I had to put it on here.  He looks so different when his fur is short- like a new dog.  I miss him.


Sheesha lounge for Hookah.  Thanks to LevelUp, this only cost us $7 each person!  We saved $5 each using the app, and Yelp got us two free teas.  Pretty awesome!


Beers.  Big Beers.


My Pork Pad Thai.  Very good.  Was also lunch today!


This is a bridge, I think I have put a picture of it up before- but this is a different angle!


No comments:

Post a Comment