Sunday, October 7, 2012

100712


Today's soundtrack:

How to be a Heartbreaker by Marina and the Diamonds:


We did some cool stuff today!

My alarm went off at 10 this morning.  I got out of bed at 1045.  Just enough time to get dressed and ready to heat out by 1115!  

Today was the 3rd annual Boston Local Food Fest, and it was really neat.  It's down by the water, right in front of the aquarium (which I still want to go to, btw).  

We walked around, got a bunch of free samples of TONS of stuff- from cheese and bread to chocolate and caramels.  It was a bit cold, but nothing a nice coat couldn't take care of.  We walked around, listened to the different bands, watched demos of cooks (and tried their food).  We bought some samosas (still can't find any that compare to the indian place near Lauren's apt in London though).  We got free salad and tried home made ginger soda!  It was cool, I am glad I got out of the apartment to see it.   

That was a good 2 hours.  I took a few pics, it was crowded but not crazy.  We also went down the water and sat for a bit.  The pics might be a bit muddy, but the sky was gray and not ideal for photos, lol.  We also walked around some shops- Urban Outfitters was having a sale- ok actually this is weird.  So Sara got an email the other day saying they were having a 30% off sale.  So yesterday we went to the Allston store.  I bought a tank top and a $.75 nail polish.  We go to the Urban in Quincy Market- everything is 50% off!  For the same stuff.  It was dumb.  I wonder why one store was 50% off, and another was 30%.  Anyway, we also went by Newbury Comics, because theres a new graphic novel I really want (found here if anyone is interested in knowing what I used to spend all my money on).  They didn't have it, and really, I don't need to keep buying myself stuff.  Ive been a lot better at it lately though!

We stopped and Shaw's and got a few small supplies, and then headed home.  We watched a couple movies, Daydream Nation and The Jerk Theory, I watched some Dawson's Creek and Hart of Dixie (I only watched a little bit of each show).

Then we parted, I went into my room to study French- and then got distracted by a long Skype session with Missy!  So it's now almost 1 am here, I'm discussing Silent Hill and Jeremy Renner. 








A misty interactive sculpture at the park.


Sara at the water!


Wharf pic


The Aquarium!  


The Food Festival


A Band!  


Free Salad :)


More random pics of the festival

Muddy pic of the city


Another band playing


No comments:

Post a Comment