Friday, October 26, 2012

102612

Taylor Swift:  I Knew You Were Trouble- new CD came out, of course I got it!  This doesn't sound like her, it's more poppy and auto-tuned, but it's catchy.  It's been stuck in my head all day.  Enjoy!



I know it's been ages since I've written.  I've actually been busy!!  I started a temp job (lasts a week and a half) on Wednesday, and we've had the Giant's games to watch.  Not much time for remembering to write!  So my temp job is in Cambridge, it's 4 hours a day, and I call people and ask them to take a survey.  Not fun or glamorous at all, but I am making some cash and getting out of the house.  It's kinda far though, and getting back after I get off at 2 is kind of a hassle since there is no direct bus.

We've been able to watch at the Giants games so far, we basically frequent bars and spend lots of money to do it though.  Last night was the first night we watched on a friend's TV, and we kind of coerced him into letting us watch it.  Going out to watch the games are expensive, even when its half price bar snacks or dollar burger night.  Beer is costly, and it's hard to nurse one during a whole 9 inning game.  Most of the time we can't stay all the way through to the end though, since its on so late here and we have to go to sleep.  But I'm excited for my team!  I wish I was back at home to celebrate and watch the games with my family.

Our cat (who still does not have a name) is sick, which the shelter told us might happen, but she's not getting any better.  We got meds for her on Tuesday, and I've been giving them to her exactly as they say, but she seems to be getting worse :/ and now she's not eating.  Tomorrow we are taking her to the free clinic to get looked at.  I don't want her to feel sick!  She's not as fun, and she sleeps all the time, and she is always sneezing.  I feel so bad for her.

I have an interview Tuesday next week for a part time PR internship.  I'm not 100% if I want it, because I don't really want to be an intern AGAIn, but I really want to get into PR out here, so I will do it if I have to.  I had a phone interview already, and it seemed to go ok- but when I asked if there was potential to be hired on after the internship, he wasn't sure.  I don't want not sure!  I want to know that if I do a GREAT job, I can be a part of the team for real.  Also, I don't know what the pay is.  But it would start right after my temp job ends, so that might be nice.  We'll see.  I also applied for TripAdvisor again, and got my friend Dan to send my resume to HR and refer me, so maybe that will pay off and they will call (since he is a current employee).  Hopefully- I'm crossing my fingers.

I was so bored on Monday that I crocheted a whole new scarf.  It's nothing fancy, just a taupe double crocheted infinity scarf, but I'm pretty proud- it didn't take very long and it came out pretty clean looking.  I was supposed to be following a pattern so it would have a design, but I messed it and decided just to go basic.  Next I'm gonna do a beanie and a cowl.  I got this weird colored yarn from Walmart I'm gonna use.

Hmm what else?  I got a postcard from Kyle in Australia, that was neat.  I'm glad he's doing so well there.  I always feel guilty when I think that he left because he wasn't really happy back in CA, because I know I was part of that.  I always mess things up for the people I care about :/

Sara and I got LivingSocial deals for The Donkey Show which actually sounds a bit insane.  I'm really excited though, I'll try to take pictures and update right after so it's all fresh in my head.

We still don't know what we are going to do for Halloween.  The few people that we know and have reached out to are busy with not Halloween plans, so that's no fun.  We might just go out.  I think a house party would be the most fun, maybe we'll walk around and crash one!  Hahahaha.




No comments:

Post a Comment