Monday, October 8, 2012

100812

Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park



Instead of the normal 'this is what I did today' post, I'm gonna get a bit more personal.

I moved to Boston because I felt like I was missing something in my life, and I wanted to try and look for it in a new place.  It's not that I was having a horrible time at home, I just felt like I could be doing more.  So here I am.

I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my income, lol.  But I don't miss being bored at my job, and feeling like my brain was wasting away.  I don't miss driving 2 hours a day to get to and from work, and I don't miss my monotonous routine.  I don't miss feeling like a zombie.

But now I am here, and I don't have a job yet and it's scary.  I apply and send out resumes and cover letters, but still come up with nothing.  I haven't been looking for very long, so I'm not super frustrated yet, but it might get to that point.  I haven't applied for random positions yet.  I would like an income, yes, but I don't want to end up in the same position I was at home- at a job I hate just for a paycheck.  I haven't gotten there yet.  When I do, you will know.

I did apply for some admin jobs today, and I applied for Whole Foods over the weekend.  I never heard back from the PF firm that responded to my first email.  They didn't even respond when I sent my follow up email, which I think is kind of rude.  I know people are busy, but how hard is it to send a quick 'We're not interested at this time, Thank You' email?  That just took me 4 seconds to write.  I feel like they expect so much of me, I expect an equal amount from them.  But I guess it doesn't work out that way.  Blah, I should be used to this by now.

So yeah, I'm getting a bit frustrated, but I will keep on truckin'.  I know I will find something eventually.  Until then I can stay up until 1:00 a.m. watching Dawson's Creek on Netflix :)






No comments:

Post a Comment