Monday, October 15, 2012

101512




I wrote a whole post while waiting for the bus earlier, but I guess it didn't save since it's now disappeared!

Anyway, we tried to get a cat today.  But we went all the way to the MSPCA and it was closed.  They're not open on Monday!  So we are going to try and go again on Wednesday (Sara has an interview downtown tomorrow afternoon).

Instead of getting a cat, we got crepes!  I got Nutella with bananas and whipped cream.  Sara got a special, called the Vermonter, with turkey and cheddar and apples and bacon and maple syrup.  It looked really good.  I also got a Nutella Frozen Hot Chocolate.  It was amazing.  I took a picture of it (I forgot to for the crepes).

We also went and picked up the rest of the beginners stuff we will need for a cat:  litter, food and water dish, scoop.  I figure it doesn't need a bed yet, we have blankets it can sleep in- if we need one later down the line the pet store is super close (which is neat).

The weather the past couple of days has been pretty nice.  Today I walked around in a tank top (I had my jacket just in case) and it was bright over the weekend.  Bright but cold, nice and crisp.  The leaves are all changing, it's really cool to walk down the street and see.  I really need to take some better pictures, so I can share the scenery.

I finally finished my gray scarf, so now I need more yarn to make this cowl I found online.  Walmart has cheap yarn (and they can ship it to me!) but they're out of stock of the colors that I want.  Poo.

Hmm what else?  I finally got a call today from the staffing agency, my contact is going to submit my resume for a position downtown- an administrative assistant for a tech startup.  Pretty neat, but I wish I could be getting more money.  I have applied for a couple more jobs today, so hopefully something clicks.  I still havent heard back about that Account Coordinator position in Newton that I REALLY want.  I sent an email last week and he said I should hear back by the end of the week- still haven't heard anything.  I'm going to send him another email tomorrow morning.  Even if I didn't get the position I would like to know so I'm not still freaking out for no reason.

Sara just left to go buy a suit.  I should go and apply for more jobs.  If I think of anything exciting I will add it here later!
My Nutella Frozen Hot Chocolate!


Drunken Pizza from Friday night, just delayed on the posting.  White pizza with pepperoni and olives.  The best!


My drink from Lolita and the granita palate cleanser.  Pretty cool looking with the dry ice, but it's hard to see.


Cotton Candy!  Apple flavored :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the jobs! I know you'll find something soon.

    Did you knit a scarf? How did you learn?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! I've done two so far. I watched a youtube video and then found patterns online. They're basic, nothing special- but I knew I would need some when I moved out here so I started this summer making stuff!

    ReplyDelete