Friday, January 23, 2015

012315

I know I'm way behind.  I'll probably post another on Monday, to catch you up on this week.  This will just cover last weekend.

Here we go!  A short post to fill in for this week.

Last week was pretty tame, filled with work, work and more work!  I went to the gym a few times and got my fitbit- finally!  I took a boxing class, that was awesome.  It was full for the regular sessions (I was in a one-off) but I think I will want to sign up next time they are open.  (They go for 8 weeks at a time).

Friday night Sara and I met up with some friends and played Trampoline Dodgeball in Everett.  It was fun, but Friday nights are probably a bad time to go, as it was filled with teenage boys.  We had to take turns playing, which was kind of a bummer.  Near the end of the hour some of us went to the free jump area and just jumped up and down, passing a ball to each other and doing tricks.

We went to a really dive-y bar afterward, where we played darts, drank beers and picked songs for the jukebox.  They had a TouchTunes machine, which is a jukebox that you can control with your phone. You buy credits and use those to play a song.  Normally there is a queue of songs, and as you select them, they go to the end of the list.  You can also pay an extra credit to have your song play next.  We were having a good time until some regulars came in and messed it all up.  They started playing all their chosen songs next (so our songs kept getting pushed back) and then when one of Sara's songs came on, they had the bartender skip it!  The bartender is the only person who can skip a song, with a remote that comes with the jukebox.  I don't know why they couldn't just wait 4 minutes to keep playing their crap country, but they made a fuss and made the bartender change it.  Sara was annoyed, so she queued up the same song again, to play next.  And when it came on again, they had it skipped again.  So Sara had put money in to play the song twice, and it was skipped twice.

So then we were pissed.  We left shortly after, just as one of the songs I had picked an hour before was coming on (since it kept getting bumped).

Saturday was the kickball end of season/bar league mid season party at Hong Kong.  That was a good time, there were appetizers and free PBR for most of the night.  I knew a ton of people (for once) and we went up to the third floor to dance for a bit.

Sunday was bar league, this week's game was Family Feud.  We also got extra points for dressing up as a Family or Team.  We picked The Addam's Family, I was Morticia.  Pick of us below.  I really can't hold a straight face, especially when being yelled at to.  The wig was super annoying.   We won two rounds of Family Feud and the Fast Money Round.  We also got extra points for being the most awesomely dressed team, so now we are tied for first overall!  This week is Competitive Karaoke, so that should be interesting.


Sara as Wednesday, me as Morticia, Phil as Gomez, and Sarah as Pugsley

No comments:

Post a Comment