Friday, January 2, 2015

010215

It's been almost 6 months since I last posted.  Wow, I didn't think it had been that long.

So 2014 is over, and I say Good Riddance.  As a whole, the year kind of was blah for me.  I had some fun times (Hawaii, Coachella, Camping), was in a happy relationship and was busier than ever at work.  But then October happened.  I found out that Buddy died (RIP buddyboo), and was dumped out of the blue in a bar right before the Giants World Series Game 7 started.

Those two horrible things right at the end of year really sealed it up as a crappy year.  Maybe if they had occurred in the beginning I would be over them by now and have 2014 as a pretty good year.  But, as of right now, I can't say it was anything better than 'meh' and that's me being optimistic about it.

2015 will be better.  It has to be.

This year I am going to focus on trying to be more healthy, more active, and more conscious of the things I eat and do. I want to get a fitness tracking device (maybe a fitbit or a basis peak) and I want to write more.  I want to go back to the book I wrote for NaNoWriMo and finish it.  I was so overwhelmed when the month was over, I haven't touched it since.  But now I can go back through, edit and change stuff (some paragraphs were just fluff to hit my word counts) and write the ending.  It might not be total shit (but it most likely is).

I'm also kind of detaching from Facebook.  I deleted the app from my phone, and now only go on when I am at my computer.  Even then, I don't actively post anything anymore.  I found myself on it wayyyy too much, and I have better things to do than constantly check for updates.

I'd like to say that I will post more blogs here, but I know myself.  I will try!  I don't have much going on for 2015 yet, so not much I can post about.  We'll see.  My tumblr is my go to for being emo and posting random pictures/quotes/updates (kind of depressing as of late because of recent heartbreak).

I want to try and become a better me.

I moved my room around, and am trying to get more organized.  A clean house is a happy house, or something like that, right?  I read an article earlier today on fitness trackers and at the end the author talks about how for millennials, it seems to be that we equate happiness with simplicity.  Having all these gadgets that can track data and help streamline your life is supposedly going to make people happier.  Obviously I am into this idea, as I am trying to simplify my life, but I don't know if it will work.  Maybe I can use the blog to help figure it out.

I normally post on my blog the books I read in the past year, but I started tracking them differently last year.  Instead of keeping a list on my phone I used GoodReads, so you can see my book list here:

Books Kheli Read in 2014!

My goal of 75 books was a bit ambitious, though I hit 70 which is pretty close!  I read a bunch of crappy short paranormal books, and a few crazy long books when I started reading the Outlander series.  I'm on book number 5 of Outlander right now, and an fully engrossed in the series.  I wish I had Starz so I could watch the TV show.




No comments:

Post a Comment