Sunday, January 11, 2015

011115

This week was pretty good, for the first full week back at work since the holidays.  I feel like I always have os much to do, I'm really excited for the intern to start tomorrow.  Once he's acclimated I can hand off a lot of the time-consuming research that I am given since I am lowest man on the totem pole.  I hope that will free up some time for me to be given more creative and strategic assignments. Not that I don't like what I currently do; I just want to do more.

I went to the gym three times this week, yay!  I ran some errands and created my meal plan for the week (though creating it is never my problem, it's always following it that's the trouble).

My big to-do for this week is laundry.  If I showed anyone a picture of the laundry pile I have in my room they would exclaim, "Oh God!"  It really is a monster, I don't think I have EVER had this much laundry before.  I have to remember to get some quarters.

Bar league this week was trivia.  We got 2 out of 3 wins (still trailing behind Gin & Juice who got all 3 wins), but it's a lot better than I thought we would do for only having three people! We didn't stay for Twister as I wanted to go home to watch the Golden Globes and Sara was hungry.

Also this week Sarah taught us how to play Pit.  It was fun, I can see my friends and family really liking it.  I also learned that my friend Julia is moving to Portland, Maine next month.

Missy, Jessica, Manny and I bought our tickets for Coachella!  We weren't sure we were going until we had our weekly Google Hangout last week and we decided to try for tickets.  I'm excited, it's gonna be awesome.  I want to take some extra time off around that weekend so I can visit home for a few days.  I also REALLY want to go to Disneyland.  I haven't been in years, and that is not ok.

I saw Imitation Game this week, I enjoyed the film.  I wasn't super familiar with Alan Turing beforehand, and after watching the movie I think it sad that a lot of people don't know who he was.  I want to read the book that the movie is based on now.  I'm also a huge Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley fan, so that was a big plus.  I am sad that it didn't win any Golden Globes.

Right now I'm listening to the audiobook of "Big Little Lies" on my T ride, and I have "The Fiery Cross" (Outlander #5) on my kindle.  Once I finish those two, I'll prob bust out "The Revolutions" that Aunt Debbie got me for Christmas.  After that I will go back and grab some new books.  All three are pretty long, so it might be a while.

I went to Sephora to spend my giftcard and get a new blush (they were out of the one I wanted so I went with something new, jury is still out on it) and while I was there they did some weird matching thing to help me find my perfect foundation shade.  There was a machine that they used to take pictures of my skin, and then assigned me a color shade.  The foundations that they recommended are all light/fair colors!  What happened, I used to be tan!  I was mediums and goldens, now I am alabaster and light.  So I thought that was weird.

What else happened this week?   I don't know.  I woke up, survived, went to sleep.  Next week will be more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment