Thursday, December 27, 2012

122712

Today has been hard. Last night before I left I drank 3 beers and downed a capful of NyQuil. The plane was delayed an hour, but I was able to get some sort of semblance of sleep. I woke up in a daze, freezing. I had to take the shuttle to the T right away because we were so late, but I got to work right at 9. I grabbed the bathroom key and changed, then immediately went downstairs to Au Bon Pain for a large coffee and a cheese Danish. Once having eaten and gulped half the coffee I felt better. My tasks today were easy, track coverage for a release that went out last night, clip what I find and create a summary. Easy peasy. I set up my google searches and went to work. Once I got all the initial coverage I took a break at that and worked on the clip book for a different client. Clip books are compilations of the clips I create with all the coverage. So what starts with a release and a couple google searches, ends up with a huge summary chart and a compiled clip doc of 600 pages at the end of the year. Today I worked on both ends of the spectrum. I also read my usual websites, chatted a bit with Jackie, and zones out a few times. I should have gotten lunch but I didn't (I know, I know, I know).

I was supposed to stay until 5 today to make up for yesterday, but I couldn't do it. I left at 3, I'll work later tomorrow.

I. Am. Exhausted.

Now I'm on the train on my way home, with my headphones on to mute the rest of the world. I can't wait to see the kitty and take a nap.

It was really nice to go home. I fit right back in (once I was able to sleep on a real bed). I miss it a lot, but I also really like Boston. Too bad they're so far apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment