Thursday, December 6, 2012

120612


Understatement by New Found Glory- relevance will be explained in a bit!  I hate that I can't always post the actual videos because of copyright stuff.  These lyric videos are kind of lame.

I know, I know, I know, I am so bad at this.  The thing is, I want to write when stuff happens- and nothing has really happened.  I've just been living my day to day life, hanging out in Boston.

Tonight was the New Found Glory concert that we couldn't get tickets to.  It would have been great, it was a 10 year Sticks and Stones anniversary tour.  I was obsessed with that CD in high school, I had the lyrics to Understatement written out on the cover of my B day binder.  Alas, it was sold out and tickets were wayy too pricey if they were available.  Even checking Ticketmaster daily didn't help us.  It's ok though, I listened to the CD a lot today to make up for it.  It just would have been a great show to catch.

Work has been going well, I get to do more and more each day.  I really need to get more sweaters though, sometimes I get a bit cold in the office.

Express's Black Friday sale stuff finally came, so I have more than 2 pairs of pants! Now I have 4!

I wish I could take the cat home with me for Christmas.  She is going to be lonely here.  But it's $125 each way, and I know she would have a fit on the plane, just meowing the whole time.  We're gonna get someone to come cat watch (like we did for Thanksgiving) but I just feel SO BAD.  She's so starved for attention it seems like.

Also, does anyone know how radiators work?  Because I swear, I have the one in my room turned up to 8 (the highest dial) and it is still always cold in my room.  and I only hear it go off sometimes.  There doesn't seem to be very good climate control here.  Luckily I have lots of blankets.

So there isn't really a Dunkin Donuts near my work... there's one but its a bit out of the way.  So instead of Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee that I was previously addicted to, it's now Au Bon Pair's Sweet Cheese Danish.  There is one directly underneath my office, and I always stop to get one (and a small coffee).  It's a bad and unhealthy habit.  I've been trying to balance it out by not getting lunch out on those days, and only eating once I'm back at home at 4.  But then I am not hungry for dinner until later, and it kind of throws everything off.  I just need to stop stopping at ABP.  But when I get to work early, and I don't eat breakfast and coffee smells so good..... It's easy to convince myself to just spend the $5 for breakfast.

So this is a ramble post.  Mom texted me last night and said I needed to update my blog.  But I couldn't think of much to say (hence the lack of updates).  We haven't been doing much as of late, it's been cold outside.

This weekend we are going to Jessi's for dinner, since we weren't able to a few weeks ago.  That will be nice.  I have to do laundry so I have clothes to wear to work next week, since 3 out of 4 pairs of my pants will be dirty.

Oh, something that I have been thinking about a lot lately:  whether or not to trade in my gorgeous big iMac for a MacBook Pro.  I mean, it wouldn't be an even trade, I would have to pay an additional $461 dollars for it to work out.  But a laptop would be so much easier to take places (like home for christmas, or when we move again) and I could sit on the couch and watch TV while also being on my computer (a past time of mine that I am missing now that I don't have a TV in my room and/or a computer in the living room).  When I got this computer it was because I wanted something big, and I never moved my laptop off my desk anyway.  But now things are different.  I'm really torn about it.  I  probably won't end up doing anything, but I've been checking things out a lot lately.  I can get $740 for my iMac as a trade in, the new MBPs are $1200 starting out..... hmmm.  But it's way hard, because I do love my computer.  It's my favorite thing.  I've also thought about getting a tablet of some sort, to use for the couch and while at home.  But again, expensive.

I'll prob just keep with my current arrangement.  When it comes to big things (like cars and computers) I've always been a big looker, researching and checking everything out- but not so much of a buyer.  Which is funny, because I am the exact opposite on small stuff like movies and food.

So.  In review, I haven't done much at all.  I made enchiladas for dinner one night, they were good.  I also made Pasta Carbonara one night, that was ok.  Tonight I didn't eat dinner (good habits- I know, haha).  We watched a bunch of TV and I worked on crocheting a mitten.  I am slowly making some sort of square shaped something with the knitting needles and yarn that Brian gave us, but I have trouble holding them and it's all kind of crooked and awful looking so I tend to get discouraged and put that down after a row or two.  After a couple more weeks I just might have a dishcloth!

2012 is almost over which scares me, another year gone by!  I don't think the world is going to end next Wednesday, btw.  I wonder what kind of craziness will go down though.  I'm surprised I haven't heard more hullabaloo regarding the impending apocalypse.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're using the yarns we sent home with you. Don't be afraid to throw a beer into the mix while you're trying to knit; sometimes it helps!

    Also, I would get the laptop, but that's just my opinion. I haven't had a desktop since I was in high school (gulp) 12 years ago.

    We miss you!

    ReplyDelete