Saturday, February 16, 2013

021613




I'm addicted to this song.  I want to wear the chorus around my neck like a necklace and listen to the lilting lines over and over again.  It's a pretty cover of an 80s song that I also love, so it was pretty much a win-win when I heard it on Carrie Diaries.

So, I haven't posted anything in like 2 weeks, and a lot has happened.  Mom came to visit, we basically never left my apartment.  There was a huge blizzard, and the city shut down- but we got to play in the snow and watch a lot of wedding shows in Netflix.  The Bruins game we were supposed to go to got postponed, so now I have three tickets to a game in April, and no third person to go with.  Hm.  I could try to see if anyone wants to go, but I'm not sure which of my friends wants to spend $82.00 on a ticket.  We'll see.  I might sell all three and get different tickets for just Sara and I.

It was also Valentine's Day, Sara and I ordered Thai and watched more Netflix.  Also, we drank champagne and ate chocolate mousse cake.  We watched a gothic bride episode of My Fair Wedding, it was pretty good.

I've been watching too many wedding shows lately.  I mean, I love them, but I keep thinking about when/if I get married what I want.  I used to want a quick, low cost, probably Vegas wedding.  But these shows make it all look so pretty, and what if my future husband wants a big wedding?  On one hand, it's a lot of money for one day- and I have a bad habit of getting super stressed out and angry at big events (like prom).  On the other hand, I would love to have a ceremony in the middle of a redwood forest, with a vintage lace gown on.  So, there's that.  I'll prob end up going the vegas route, because I can't imagine I will have a lot of money to spend, and I'll still be able to have a memorable wedding!  haha.

Tonight we went over to our friend Hannah's apartment and watched the Beyonce documentary on HBO.  It was awful.  It made me feel like she is a huge narcissist, and there was no cohesive timeline or story.  Also, I could barely hear what she was saying in some of her webcam videos.  I was unimpressed and bored.  Hannah made a bunch of little sandwiches and had cheese and wine, and we had good conversations about random stuff (bad dates! home videos! wisdom teeth!) so it was a good time.

Last night we went to a bar called Church and saw some bands.  We only got to see part of the first band's set, and one of the songs they played was a christmas carol, the other was The Saints Go Marching In.  No joke.  The second band was "Superhuman Happiness" which is a band that Ryan plays in (and the whole reason we were there last night!).  They were really good, the music was nice and dance-y and we had a good time.  After their set Ryan came and sat with us, we talked a bit (though it was really loud) and watched the third band.  I stole a poster off the wall and made Ryan sign it, that will soon go up in our apartment.  We didn't stay the whole third band's set though, because I wanted to take the T home, and it shuts down after 12:30.  Ryan walked with us back to the T stop, and he's gonna let us know next time he's in town for a show.  I'm glad we got to hang out, it was really nice to see him (especially because we pretty much only see him on Christmas).

I have Monday off, yay!  I'm going to sleep in and play video games.  I feel like I bought my playstation mostly because it plays blu rays and netflix instant.  Notsomuch because it plays video games, lol.  I have a couple, and Missy and I were working our way through Alice:  Madness Returns before I moved, so I'll probably try to work on that a bit.

And that's about it.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment