Friday, November 9, 2012

110912



Hang You Up by Yellowcard for today!  I forgot that I really like this band, there is another song off this CD that I will probably post in a few days because it's pretty.

Today I baked!  I found a recipe for Quinoa Cocoa Almond bars that sounded really good (and healthy) the other day, so I went to Whole Foods and bought everything I would need.  Let me just say, all that healthy stuff is expensive.  Luckily they taste good, or else I would have been angry how much it cost, lol.

I'm also going to try a new pasta recipe for dinner.  I got all the stuff I needed for that at Shaw's yesterday (except Creme Fraiche, which I couldn't find, so I had to make).

Having no job and a lot of time on my hands gives me a chance to try new things.  I've been reading a lot more, practicing my French, looking up recipes.  Oh, and catching up on old shows.  I'm almost all caught up on Supernatural, yay!

I sent emails to all my job contacts today- all the people at staffing agencies that I have talked to.  I need to keep in touch with them so I can find a job!  I am still looking on my own, don't worry.  I really want hockey season to start so I can find a job with TD Garden, or the Bruins themselves.  I applied for a sales position with them, but they aren't going to do any actual hiring until the games start again.  So that blows.

I tried to start NaNoWriMo, but I don't have any good ideas to write a 50,000 page book in one month.  And now I'm way behind, definitely wouldn't finish in time for the challenge.  One day maybe.

I finally changed my Songkick over, so it showed me a bunch of the shows that are happening in Boston.  Bayside and TBS next week!! SOLD OUT.  Motion City Soundtrack tonight!! SOLD OUT.  Yellowcard and I am the In Crowd!! BUSY.  All Time Low!! SOLD OUT.  I waited too long to look into shows, I should have done it as soon as I got here!  There are a bunch I want to go to and now I can't.  They release more tickets closer to the date of the show, so I'm going to check a couple times each day just in case.  Today there was 1 ticket for the TBS/Bayside show available, but I want two!  Sara said she would go with me, yay!  I just have to get the tickets.  So I will.  I haven't been to a show in ages, and Bayside is my favorite :)

Aunt Cathy is in town tomorrow, that will be neat.  We cleaned the apartment just for her (I just have to do my dishes from my muffins and probably dinner tonight).  I don't know if there are any plans for her visit, but it's always nice to have people over!

I need a haircut.  I like that my hair is getting longer, but my bangs are at an odd length, and I need to dye the grays out again.  Maybe I will wait until I go home for Christmas.  Maybe I will find a Groupon for a good salon and use that instead... hmm...




No comments:

Post a Comment