Monday, November 5, 2012

110512



Erase and Rewind, by The Cardigans.  Great song, featured on the Never Been Kissed soundtrack.  Been stuck in my head (like most of the songs I post here).

Today there is a free Aerosmith concert down the street from our apartment.  I went and checked it out, and it was SUPER crowded.  I couldn't even see the stage (will post pics of what I could see later).  A lot of people were on the roofs of their buildings, but that's illegal at our apt building, and I prob wouldn't be able to see anything anyway.  I stayed for one song, and then came back home.  Too crowded, and I didn't havent anyone to talk to since everyone I know has a job and is at work.

My temp job ended on Friday, and I got my first paycheck for the week before.  12 hours, $155.00!! Hahahhahahahhahahahhaaha I feel so pathetic.  I met up with another staffing agency on Friday morning, this guy is also gonna help me find a job.  He's more direct hire, so no temp positions.  I also talked to Kevin at Monument, who got me the last temp job, he's submitting my resume for another position.  So we'll see.  I'm still applying for other jobs on my own, and I rescheduled the internship interview for tomorrow afternoon.  So I have some stuff in the works.

This weekend, Sara and Jessi and I went out with Jeff to Cambridge.  We ended up at a bar called Zuzu's which played world-ish music and we danced a lot.  It was fun for a bit, then I got bored (as I tend to do).  After we went and got burritos, Jeff's friend almost got into a fight with some gangster kids, and Sara got into an argument about San Diego burritos.

Saturday night was the Donkey Show!  We had bought some deals off of Livingsocial, and we went this weekend.  It's not a Donkey Show like you are thinking (dirty!).  It was a reimagining of A Midsummer Night's Dream that takes place in like a 70s disco club.  There are no seats, you watch from the dance floor, and it's very interactive.  There was a lot of older ladies there, shaking their bon bons (lol) and having a good time.  I thought it was a lot of fun, I really liked the music.  I took a video of part of the beginning, when the "fairies" are go go dancing on the dance floor.

Afterward we went to Deep Ellum, got some meatloaf sandwiches and drinks.  We've been watching a lot of Mad Men, and Deep Ellum is famous for them, so I ordered an Old Fashioned.  I won't order it again!  It wasn't bad, but it was bitter and I like sweet more.  I felt like an adult though :)

Sunday we did laundry (it was terribly needed) and went on a Meetup.  It was a walk through the Arboretum, but ended up being more of a hike!  We went on unmarked paths, and I almost slipped down hills.  It was fun, but long.  There were like 50 people all walking together.  The whole point is to go do something new, and meet people.  The thing is, I hate asking and answering the same 5 questions each time I talk to someone new.  So after awhile, I was a bit annoyed- not that I stopped talking to people, just that I probably wasn't as friendly as I could have been.  When the hike was done, the group split up and we all went to lunch.  We went to Dogwood in Jamaica Plain, the service took forever (1 waitress for 18 people).  My tuna melt wasn't a melt, it was a toasted tuna sandwich with cheese (that wasn't melted).  I was disappointed.  The company was good though, we got into a few good discussions, made a few new friends.

Today I am at home, I crocheted a whole beanie earlier and watched a movie on Netflix.  I need to make lunch and maybe read another book.  For the year 2012, I have already read 50 books!! I wanted to make it to 50 before the year was out, and I made it!  Maybe at the end of the year I will post the list.  I finished Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children yesterday.  It was good, I wonder if there will be another to follow up.

Cat still doesn't have a name :/







I made this "White Beans and Cabbage" from our Super Natural Everyday cookbook by Heidi Swanson.  It was really good!  I thought it was a bit dry, and added a bit more salt, but it was a successful dinner!


The kitty, sleeping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment